Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Looking for a tall, single, Godly man!

I know, I know, it seems like ages since I last wrote. Between the start of school, Ike the Hurricane, and the beginning of my college classes online, I just haven't had the time to sit down and write. I will try to do better. In the meantime, I will try to give you a rundown as to the latest in the life of Addie.

It was a blessing to have my dear friend Susan Matthes in from overseas. The last time I saw her I had just come back from my own adventure in Genoa. She saw my house, I had a bunch of friends over for dinner and we all took a trip down memory lane, pulling out all my old scrapbooks, laughing the night away.

Hurricane Ike came and went and I have to say we were blessed here in Bay City. Many hours were spent in cleanup, but I am happy to say my house withstood the storm. School has been nonstop since we began again, and I am finding myself coming home more exhausted than I ever thought possible. I was surprised last week with an award given to me by my principal, which resulted in a medal, certificate, and a picture in the local newspaper. I was shocked - complete surprise, unfortunately my parents weren't there!

My master's classes began last week, through all the chaos of the hurricane and I was thankful that my professor was very understanding and let me begin a little later than the rest.

Last week began the first meeting of a "Singles Supper Club" at my house every Thursday night. Enrollment is up to three now, and I'm praying God will bring more my way!

And that brings me to the title of my blog this evening. As some of you know, I am single. Shocking - I know! :) How could a gal like me still be single?!

So I have had my fair share of stories, many of them leading back to my online dating experiences, primarily through eHarmony. Tonight was no different, although I was hopeful that with this guy it might have worked out. I have flown here, there and yonder, on a quest to find the man God has 'reserved' for me! :) In the past month I have flown to Alabama, meeting a guy that on first impression I knew was not going to be in my future. I started talking to a guy a few weeks ago, starting off by talking every night, an hour or so, gradually getting to know him. Things seemed great - we finally met this past weekend, him coming here for a change, and well, tonight I had my answer as to our future - or rather, nonexistent future together!

The mystery of the man, and him not being able to tell a girl how he feels at the moment the girl needs to hear it - I just don't understand. Maybe I am just weird - maybe all girls except me like to be led on and just 'chat' when they fulwell know that nothing will come of it. These are the days when I wish my family believed in 'arranged marriages' - well, okay, maybe not. I can only imagine who Barry would pick out for me! In both cases I was the one who had to bring the subject up - the question as to "do we go on" or "do we end it?" I am all for ending things if I don't see husband potential, and in the first case, I could have ended it that first night I met him. But in the latter - this past weekend, I was a bit hopeful, and for that I regret letting my mind actually take me to a place where I thought we might have potential. Yeah, everyone says you have to take a risk at some point. Risk my emotions? I think not! At least that is how I wish I was. Dating can sure stink sometimes. I feel blessed that my past is not full of relationships gone wrong. I can't imagine the heartbreak/disappointment that one most go through in various relationships.

I know this is all a God thing, so please don't lecture me on that, but sometimes a girl just has to vent! Thank you Jordan for your listening ear tonight. Russell, if you're reading this I apologize for bringing you into this, but tonight I have truly learned that God has someone even better for me out there. Someone who appreciates the fact that I do enjoy being at home and working in my yard, but who also knows that I look forward to an occassional night out with friends. One thing that I had to explain tonight was the fact that I am not here trying to 'sell myself,' if you know what I mean. This is me, a girl who doesn't beat around the bush, who longs to be pursued and only wants to date guys who feel God is essential in their relationship.

So with all of that said, you can either sit back and be thankful you are married, sit back and nod your head and say "Addie, you are so right," or just get a good laugh out of the whole thing and pray for me as well as all the other single people out there! :)

My thoughts for now are to drop eHarmony and all that it entails. I think God is trying to tell me something with my streak of dates and no luck! Thank you for reading thus far and I pray that God gives you the feeling of being content in whatever he has given to you. That is my continual prayer for myself as well.


Adios for now. Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Kara said...

You are not alone, Ads! I hear from Mom and she laments about the SAME thing (she's on eHarmony, too:)! God is probably grooming your man right now, and he needs to change before He can bless you guys with each other. If I had met Jim any sooner, I never would have given him the time of day!!! I'm glad I didn't settle before God helped Jim become who he is today:) I love you, girl, and I'm praying for you!

Denyse said...

It makes me nauseous to think about dating in this day and age...hang in there. But I do agree with dropping the eHarmony thing...I know it works for some, but it seems a little creepy. I know that I, myself, am much "cooler" online than in person, so I'm sure it would be difficult to find a man who presents an honest assessment of himself. I'll just be praying that God sends you a man "the old fashioned" way

AKat said...

Hi, Addie! I love that you have a blogspot! I already addded you to my blogroll! I'll be checking back. Keep it up! love, Anna