
.jpg)

.jpg)

Antiques...
Warrenton/Roundtop/Fayetteville - three towns full of Antiques! A few weekends ago, Jordan, her mom and I all piled into the car one Friday afternoon and headed to Fayetteville for a weekend of "antiquing" - if that's even a verb! What began as a quiet morning in an old farmhouse, wakened by the sound of the rooster crowing (I'm serious - there really was a rooster that woke us up) turned into a LONG day of browsing, shopping, laughing, eating, and getting sunburned! Thankfully, my housmate Jordan is not afraid of picture taking, so that's why she is the center of most of these shots! Like I said, we had a ton of fun and were very tired after the long day.
This first shot is of Jordan and her dream gumball machine. What is so disturbing about this picture, is if you look close, you can see all the old, nasty, melted, sticky gumballs left in there for years, if not decades. That is one gumball machine that I wouldn't dare bring home!

An antique hippo...I think not!

Yum. All four of us, Jordan, Helen, mom and I all enjoyed this nice and greasy potato! It was devoured within minutes!

So this picture does have a story behind it. It could be a rather long story, but I'll try and make it short. On our journey to Fayetteville, to meet mom and Billy, I was guiding Mrs.Brown with directions that I thought were good. Needless to say, I didn't listen to mom very well when I wrote them down, and we ended up missing the turnoff to Fayetteville. The story goes on as Jordan is trying to tell us we missed this huge billboard with an arrow, and I didn't believe her, and she began doubting herself and so we continued on 71. So, then I begin wondering why it is taking us so long to get there - could Jordan really be right? There is no way she could be right - I'm always good with directions - or so I thought! Well, twenty minutes later, and twenty miles out of the way, I finally give in and realize we had gone too far. Jordan was right all along - and there it was, a huge billboard with an arrow - how could I have missed it?! Oh well - Jordan you were right...next time don't doubt yourself. Remember, I will always be right until proven wrong! I confess, I made a mistake! :)




1 comment:
i am glad my pic was under the reunion part instead of the antique part :) those were some good times. i am foreseeing many more when i am back in Bay City in 2010 (that sounds a long ways off)
Post a Comment