Monday, March 16, 2009

Overwhelmed

I often wonder how my life became so busy. As I look back over the past few years, I remember the long nights of grading papers, watching tv, and enjoying that spare time to read. I remember the many weekend roadtrips across this great state with occassional trips to California and New Jersey. Those were the days.

As I sit here in bed, for some reason avoiding turning the light out, I'm trying to take a moment to breathe. I need to rest, but I can't seem to remember how. If I stay still too long, my eyes will close and nothing will get done! I knew this year was going to be busy for me, but I didn't realize the toll my emotions would take. This past week has been one of the worst. For some reason I have been 'thinking' too much - overanalyzing, reliving parts of my past I wanted to forget, and trying to accomplish way too many things at once.

School (my job) is keeping me on edge, waiting for those lovely little TAKS scores to come in. School (my graduate program) is keeping me stressed to the max with deadline after deadline for both classes, offering me no motivation at all. I am involved in many aspects of my church as well as our singles group, and as much as I enjoy the time spent with everyone, it seems as though I have too much of a social life at times, or rather, I commit too much of the time needed for my studies to the aspect of 'socializing.'

I do know there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I just can't see it right now. I'm hoping it will get here soon. I don't know how much more I can handle! I can say that I am blessed. I am trying my best to cherish these moments that I do have - to enjoy the friends and family that surround me - to be thankful for all the opportunities I have been given. My life right now can be summed up in saying that I am truly "overwhelmed."

After a day full of church, laundry, cleaning, packing, writing, reading, and submitting assignments, I am thoroughly exhausted. And to think that this is only the beginning of my Spring Break Vacation! Tomorrow morning, I leave at 6am to pick up my Aunt KK at Hobby and head east to North Carolina. Mom, KK and I are going on one of our girl's road trips which I am excited about, but still overwhelemed with everything that needs to get done during the week!

I know this vacation is needed for me, and I am looking forward to the many hours on the road where I can hopefully sleep! I'm sure I will come back with great stories of my crazy family, but until then I will continue to pray for a sense of peace for myself. I hope that you never get to a point of pure exhaustion, where I am this evening. It isn't much fun at all!

Enjoy this coming week, and have a Happy St.Patrick's Day! I know I'll be wearing my green Irish T-shirt on Tuesday! I've also attached a song I like to listen to while I am working. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: