Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day...Expectations

So I sit here tonight, 10:45pm, wondering why I'm going to bed so early. In actuality, I'm not going to bed, just sitting in bed, thinking about they day and all that went on. Valentine's Day can come with expectations - expectations of being with the people you love, or with that special "someone." This year was a bit different. I've never been in a "relationship" with anyone on this day, so I didn't have high hopes of any romance. I found myself enjoying the day shopping with Jordan and having dinner with some friends. We've talked, and laughed, and came back to our house for games, but there is still a part of me that longs for that day when I have someone special in my life - to celebrate with. Until then, I have to keep in mind the plan God has for me.
Tonight a dear friend gave me something that I will truly cherish. Every time I look at it, I am reminded that God is in control - his timing is perfect.

This is what it said: "My child, I hear you, and I care. I have great plans for you. I love you more than you can imagine. Trust me. Love God."

Psalm 34:17-18 "The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you." says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

John 15:9 "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love."

I am truly loved, and I know that. I hope you remember it as well. I guess I'm going to bed now - after a very LONG day. The evening ended well, just much shorter than I had anticipated. God must be telling me I need the rest!

No comments: