Weekends seem to come so quickly now. I remember when I was in school it felt like the week dragged on and on, but now, as the days on my calander seem to be filling up, the weeks are flying by. What seemed like an even planned for the next has ended up coming much sooner. I have realized that the many weeks I was counting on to accomplish some things have quickly disappeared, leaving me with a never ending to-do list. I'm looking forward to August 16th though - it's the end of my "planned" calendar, but yet the 17th is the beginning of a new school year! LOL - maybe I should start looking forward to Thanksgiving Break!
This past weekend has flown by, just like the weeks past. Friday was gorgeous, so I thought I would take a walk/run out at the park. Things were going well, started with a brisk walk, moved on to jogging, and then quickly realized how out of shape I really was. I also realized that the park can be a scary place when you're by yourself! It also doesn't help when the memory of being left there as a child comes flooding back - but that's a story for another day! :)
So I came back from my walk/slight run, grabbed a steak out of mom's fridge (who was still out of town) and headed home for an early dinner. Jordan was gone for the evening, and I had a ton of classwork ahead of me, so I timed my tv watching, turned on my phone alarm just in case I dozed off, and would you believe that I remember looking at my clock at 7pm, and then didn't wake up until 9:30pm?! I soon realized that my alarm was still on vibrate from school! Plus, I had about missed calls and three phone messages - I was popular Friday night - too bad no one really calls during the week! After that, I knew nothing was going to be accomplished, so I drug myself from the couch back to my bedroom, turned the lights off, and got almost twelve hours of wonderful sleep! I spent Saturday morning at choir practice, followed by a few hours of classwork, a few hours of yard work (thanks dad for fixing my lawnmower) and then an enjoyable evening with friends.
This morning I woke up to another beautiful day, and it ended with an amazing concert at my church. Our "Holy Week" Concert went really well, and I was pleased to see so many of my family members there to hear us. It was a true blessing for me, and I thought I would share with you one of my favorite songs we sang. The recording here is from a high school choir, but you can at least hear the words.
The day has ended well. It's been another busy weekend, but I feel as though I've accomplished some things off of my to-do list. Summer will be here before we know it, so until then I plan on accomplishing all that God has put before me! I hope you have a blessed day.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment