Sunday, August 9, 2009

Such a busy time in life!

I had such good intentions of getting pictures posted while still in Switzerland, but it seems that the end of classes, family flying in and continuing to be in tourist mode and trying to see all that I could, did not allow for time to post, so for that I apologize! I do hope to get more pictures up soon, but I'm flying out for a wedding on Wednesday, and with school starting back next Monday, I'm doubting I'll have any time so this must do for now!

My time in Switzerland was wonderful. It was a true blessing, and I found myself tearing up as I left my close friends there. It's been amazing to see how close you can get to friends you only see for such a short amount of time, but I have made many lifetime friends, and I miss them dearly. Living in a foreign country together truly helps your form a bond faster than most, which I know some of you understand. I stand in awe looking back at how God truly blessed my experiences in Swtizerland, throughout the past year (although I know I was stressed), and last summer while in Madrid.

KK and Mom flew in that last Wednesday of my classes, were there for graduation, and we set off that next Saturday on a European Adventure. We spent two days in Boveno, Italy on Lake Maggiore, a day in France, and a few more days touring around Switzerland, which I have become quite partial to! We finally made it to Texas, just in time for me to be engulfed in the heat and humidity - which I'm still trying to adjust to.

Before I forget though, here are two pictures from graduation.
These are my closest girlfriends there - Kirsty, Carolyn (who I met first at the airport in Geneva and just started the program this summer), and Hanaa. They are the girls that made me laugh and cry and who made me do things I never would have before! Thank you girls - I miss you! So I've only been back in Texas for just over a week, and what a whirlwind. I had planned my annual birthday beach bash for quite sometime, but didn't really understand just how "busy" things could get and how bad jet lag would hit me! The day after I arrived back in Texas, I had a friend fly in, and wow - I can't tell you what a blessing that was! I can give you details about that later, but after he left, I immediately came back from the airport and met Erin and Greyson, who were waiting for me! The beach bash soon began, with friends coming in from all over, me finally getting to see Jordan after 6+ weeks, and repacking for a week down at the beach house.

To sum up this past week, I have to say that I have to use that word I so often use - I am "blessed." There isn't any other word that can describe how I feel about it. Being surrounded by friends and family, having them with me to celebrate my graduation and 30th Birthday - to be able to lounge by the pool, or inside watching a movie, eating way too much, but knowing that I have the people that love me the most there with me. Every night brought new friends down to the beach, friends from Russia, friends from college, cousins, aunts, friends from growing up in Bay City - and what is so wonderful, is that they all have become friends themselves! Someone was asking me how everyone knew each other, and I had to laugh because the only way they do know each other is through me and my crazy life experiences. They all seem to get along and laugh together, and it was wonderful to know that when jet lag hit, I could go to bed knowing that everyone was getting along! I think many of them even exchanged facebook names! LOL - you just have to love Facebook!

The annual beach trip to celebrate has been quite a tradition, that I hope to continue for many years to come. I know many of you reading this were not able to come, but hopefully you will have another chance. Marriages and Children do change things, but know that the beach house is always open for you and your families. I am truly blessed, and although my life seems to be changing with each new day, God has shown me over and over again, that I am right where he needs me to be - that I am surrounding myself with friends that love me and support me - and the start to 30 couldn't get any better!


Have a blessed week, enjoy the rest of summer, however long you have, and I will try my best to keep you updated with my life adventures! It's definitely going to be an interesting year!

All my love,

Addie

No comments: