Monday, February 22, 2010

Spending Time in Prayer...



The days are flying by...the moments counting down...it's hard to find time, or rather make time, to spend in prayer. That was my mission this evening. So often I come home, run my countless errands, and then collapse on my bed, quickly falling to sleep in anticipation of what tomorrow will hold. Tonight was no different, but I had to set aside some time for prayer.

There are many changes going on in my life right now. I recently told my boss I would not be returning next year. I've resigned from almost all organizations or "groups" I have been a member of, and I'm putting my house on the market next Monday, March 1st. Wow. On top of all of that, I'm applying to a ton of districts in Minnesota to teach - and with that has come many emails from principals saying "best of luck to you"- there aren't many jobs, funds are low, and it looks as though I might be changing careers! I know God is in control, so I'm trying my best to lift these concerns up in prayer and know that I am doing my best.

It was refreshing to be able to sit, read from my Bible and pray quietly in my room. I've watched this video a couple of times tonight - Praise Team is singing it this Sunday - and the words truly spoke to me this evening - I hope they do the same for you. Until next time, take care and God bless!

1 comment:

Kara said...

What and exciting adventure! I can't wait to see(read) how God works everything out for you!