Saturday, April 10, 2010

Changes, Changes, Changes....

I never wanted life to be boring for me, and well, each new days proves that it truly isn't! Since I last wrote, way too much has happened, but I'll give you a run down. Jason and I have continued to migrate north and south once a month, and over my Spring Break, I spent a record ten days with Jason in Minnesota and applied for job after job... I think back and it feels like that is all I did - and I bought a much needed new computer! I came back from Spring Break and was excited to find that my Minnesota License was in the mail, so I officially became a Minnesota Teacher - Age 3 through Grade 6. :) The sad part is, I have yet to hear back from ANY school...seems as though the economy has hit them hard as well. Although there is no job, I had to keep going - the house was on the market and I need to get it sold! Jordan told me she was moving out Easter weekend, so there were many things we needed to go through together, so that consumed much of my time. With TAKS testing season here school is absolutely crazy, but I did go ahead and resign from my current position, hoping that something will open up in MN before I get there!

So March flew by, and last week, I was able to take a few days off and head up to MN early, before our Good Friday vacation day. Jason surprised me with an adventure around MN with NO plans and NO maps, and I've now returned back to TX with a ring on my finger and a wedding date set! LOL...lots of details missing aren't there?! I arrived back to Texas on Sunday, to an empty house, no tv anymore, a yard full of weeds and humid air. UGH - but I had a ring! :) So this week has been a whirlwind. My time with Jason was amazing - we went camping through some MN state parks, visited places he has never been, and I even crossed the state line in Wisconsin where they produce the best cheese curds! (I haven't had many varieties, but these were soooo good!)

Arriving back to school on Monday offered a harsh reality of what the next two months would be like, and I have officially begun counting down the days until summer - I am soooo ready for it to get here! This is the first summer "off" that I've had in a LONG time, and I know there is a wedding thrown in there, but I am planning on that being fun! It's still all a bit surreal for me. It's just something I've dreamed of for some many years, and now that I have found the man of my dreams, wow, where do you even begin?! All the ideas that I ever had have just been tossed and I don't know where to start. My family is trying to help me out though...it should be interesting!

I'm headed up to Pineywoods in a little while. I need some "erin" time to offer encouragement and to see her before Annabelle arrives on April 26th. I am so excited she's having a little girl! Oh, and I also had an offer on my house this week, I told you it's been crazy! I counteroffered and still have yet to hear back. I'm hoping they're trying to get their money in order....we'll see! I promise to add pictures soon - what a whirlwind of a week!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Gosh, Addie, I hate that you're so bored. What do you do with all that extra time?? (hee,hee)

The Metcalfs said...

Congratulations Adley! I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!! Much love to you!