So it's 5pm here in Texas - 7 more hours and my birthday is officially over. Where has the time gone? For over three months now, this week as been reserved for me down at the beach house. I look forward to this week every year - a time for old friends to get together, to chat, to laugh, to get some sun. We reminisce through our college years, update each other on who we've talked to and predict who will be pregnant next. Not this year! Thank you Edouard for postponing my birthday celebration!
So as of this morning, it looks as though that wonderful Tropical Storm is heading this way. I woke up rather early this morning, anticipating the calls I would be getting :) and wondering if my friends would chicken out in coming to see me! Just joking Lizabeth - I don't mean you! My grandmother came over early, handed me a card and let me know that her and my aunt would be leaving town. Mom and Billy were busy making sure everything is secure at all of their offices and headed down to the beach house. Lizabeth called and said she was going to stay in Dallas until further notice of whether or not the storm was going to blow us away. Erin ended up having jury duty this morning and was actually selected for the trial and last but not least, Kim's principal cancelled some meetings and moved them to Wednesday because of the storm. What joy - what fun! God's sense of humor - it always makes me laugh! Needless to say, I am very thankful for Jordan, my roommate! She made me breakfast, listened to me talk about everything going on and even went to lunch with my mom and I! Because of all the cancellations we've even planned an evening with dinner and a movie.
After lunch though, I came home to an overgrown yard that desperately needed mowing. I throw my work clothes on, start the lawn mower and not ten minutes later the lightning began. What else could happen?! My dad ran by, offered a quick "happy birthday" and told me to be wise about being outside and the lightning. Seriously - the man is still telling me things I've known for years - but that's what dads do I suppose! Thanks dad - it just makes me laugh. I calmly assure him that you know, I am 29 - I've done this a few times, and he ventured home. So now I have about 1/10 of my backyard mowed, it's pouring down rain (mind you, the storm is not from the tropical storm brewing in the gulf) and I'm left in a quiet home, awaiting well, I don't know what!
What an odd day! I am truly thankful for the calm and quiet though. It's been nice to take a break for a little while and enjoy the thunderstorm. I don't know what tomorrow will hold, but I am looking forward to the arrival of my friends later on the week. Year 29 has gotten off to a pretty interesting start! But I have to say, it has been wonderful! Thank you to all of those who have called, left voice mails and emailed. I truly feel loved!
Have a Happy August 4th!
God bless.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Ads!!!
I hope you had a great one! Don't worry, my dad still tells me to stay home and not drive during an ice storm! :) No kidding, Pops!
Miss you!
km
P.S. Jim's typing this as I pump my boob juice. Mooo! :D
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Adley! Late now but better than never! Come visit us in WY if you need to get away! We'd love to see you!
Post a Comment