Friday, August 1, 2008

Graduation and Celebration! 7.25.08

Congratulations Angela! Last Friday, on the last day of classes, we celebrated with a graduation! The following pictures are from the actual graduation and some of the events afterwards! It was a great evening and I feel blessed to have met so many intriguing people! Twelve more months and I'll be able to wear a cap and gown of my own! Hanaa and I - just before the ceremony. We're both headed to Leysin, Switzerland next year!
Peter and Peter - These two guys are great! The first Peter is from Africa and the second Peter is from Australia, but living in Malaysia. I'll sure miss these guys!
Peter and Gary - Congrats Gary!
Amber, Angela's sister and me! We were waiting patiently for graduation to begin.
Angela had quite a following - Richelle, Beth and Amber all flew in the previous day to see Ang graduate.
She did it!





Congratulations Brenda! (Dubai)
Congratulations Steve!




After graduation, we all filed down a narrow pathway to an area where we enjoyed tapas and drinks!

Amber and Angela
I'm so happy that I was able to be there for such an exciting event! Angela, one year from now you know where you need to be! :)

Gary (Malaysia) and Peter (Malaysia)
Matt (Boston) and Nate (New York City) - Congratulations!
This picture cracks me up! These are my professors from the last two weeks. The Speddings (CA soon to be Sengal) and Dr. Carber (NM)- always joking around! At least everyone has a sense of humor!
Congratulations Dan! He has the greatest classroom stories! His family flew in for his graduation.




Rick, the director of the program and Angela. Rick was more than ready for everything to be over so he good start his vacation!
Dario and I - This is my landlord! Dario also works for the school and I had to take a picture of him while he was so dressed up!
The evening also included toasts!
Steve wrote a toast to give to us, the future graduating classes. I'll have to get the words to put on here because it was great!
Peter was our spokesperson and gave a toast to the current graduating class!

Sisters - how cute!
Rick on the phone with parents in Africa - he's always at work!
The graduating class this year was crazy! They actually prepared a song to sing for everyone.





After tapas and drinks, the party moved to a place down by Plaza Santa Ana.
Amber and Allison



Rebecca, with some kind of awful look on her face!









No comments: