Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friday Night @ Botin's!

Because Graduation is next Friday night, my cohort decided to meet this past Friday to enjoy some time together before we all went our separate ways. Botins was recommended to us and I was anxious to try it out. Supposedly they were known for their suckling pig, which really didn't sound very appetizing, but I wanted to experience some authentic Spanish cuisine. We decided to meet at Plaza de Sol - here are a few pictures I took while waiting.
Here is a bit of background history for our revening at Botins. The restaurant was founded in 1725 and is currently in the Guiness Book of World Records for the Earliest Restaurant in the world. It is located off of Plaza Mayor, a central area here in Madrid. Reservations are essential - either at 8:30pm or 11pm - we choose the earlier one! We all met together and had a wonderful evening of great food and lots of laughter! I opted for roasted baby lamb - shocking, I know - but I had to try something they were known for. Between the Hors d'oeuvres and great red wine we had great conversation making the whole evening one I will not soon forget. Enjoy the pictures.
We were seated on the third story of this quaint Spainsh building, pushed between tables of tourists and locals!




This is Pilar's husband who was so kind to all of us.


Cheers to all! 3 classes down and only one more to go!

Melissa, my roomie decided to join our cohort for the evening. I'm so glad she came!
Peter's suckling pig - YUM!
Rebecca's sisters flew in just a few hours before our dinner together. Unfortunately some of their luggage was left in London, but they still made it to dinner!
Awww, how sweet. Kirsty and Alex - Alex had flown in earlier that afternoon from Berlin. Aren't they just so cute?! :)




The original Front Door.

My dessert - chocolate mousse - I couldn't resist!
We had a great evening together. We left the restaurant around 11:30 and then headed to a nearby place to sit and chat some more. I had a hard time waking up for Segovia the next morning, but I am happy to say that Segovia was well worth it. Tomorrow I will past a few pictures from my time there. For now, it's back to researching for my next class. Enjoy the photos and check back soon!



No comments: