Thursday, July 31, 2008

Minor Emergency

So it's the afternoon, after our last day of class. I go home after ice cream with the girls and begin packing up my things. I knew I would be out late that night, so I wanted to get things organized for my flight that coming Sunday. Halfway into packing I hear a scream coming from the kitchen. It was Melissa's voice, which echoed a shrill of terror! She cut her hand - really bad! Actually, she "sliced" it pretty bad. We finally got a hold of Rick - he told us where to go - and we were off. I had no idea what was ahead of us. Here I am, trying to pack and then get ready for graduation (one of the main reasons I was there) and now this! I wouldn't let Melissa go by herself, although she said she could handle it.
So, we get there, no one speaks English, but through various charades we had success! Melissa came away with no charge and six beautiful stitches! Nothing like a Friday afternoon! I made her stand in front of the signs, just to have this memory forever! At least we walked away laughing and ended up walking home only an hour after we first arrived. I was on time for graduation, but had ample stories to share with my classmates! Thanks Melissa, for making us smile!


No comments: