Monday, January 26, 2009

Teacher of the Year

So this entry is meant to clarify the last award I was given! Earlier in the year, I was given the "Celebration of Excellence" award. This was an award presented to me by the School Board and had nothing to do with "Teacher of the Year!"

Next came an award given to me by my campus for "Teacher of the Year." Because I was given that award at my school, I was automatically given the "nominee" status for "Educator of the Year" for the entire district. The sad part is that I couldn't even get the award because I hadn't taught in the district for at least two years! I thought it was strange that I was even given the campus award, let alone the district nomination because I truly haven't taught that long! Most of the other ladies have taught for many years!

Also, I recently found out I won the VFW and Ladies Auxillary Award for Outstanding Teacher of Grades 5 thru 8. No clue how that even came about, but I'm thrilled! That awards banquet is scheduled for the latter part of February.

With that said, I hope you understand a bit more as to why my picture was in the newspaper a few days ago! This week I will probably have a writeup in the newspaper specifically about me because they have been showcasing the various nominees. Needless to say, it's been a whirlwind of a year! So many things I never expected have been happening! It has sure shown me that I cannot control everything in my life! God has sure blessed me this year.

These are my fellow nominees!

1 comment:

The Metcalfs said...

Congratulations girl! That's awesome! Keep up the good work and I know your kids know that you love them.