Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Once Again, God's Sense of Humor...

I have to admit, I have not been an avid blogger these past few months, and for that, let me apologize. It seems as though the days get busier and busier and I am finding myself staying up later and later each night, feeling like I haven't been accomplishing much of anything! My graduate classes for this semester are finally coming to a close and I am happy to report that I received an "A" on my final Research Paper and Powerpoint Presentation! Hooray! I was dreading that assignment! It is over and done with, so now I have one last thing I have to finish in order to complete my next class. After that, I will officially be half way through my program! It sounds pretty crazy if you think about my just starting the program in late June! I am glad it will be over soon, and I am very excited about spending part of the summer in Switzerland!

On to God's Sense of Humor. So I moved to Bay City 2.5 years ago, after a not-so-fun job in Italy. I didn't really want to be here, but it was the only feasible thing to do. I got a job in retail, quit my job in retail, got a teaching job, and am now in my second year at the same school. I struggled with having no 'social' life in this small town, and many other things, but I have to say, today I truly feel blessed. As some of you know, I was able to start a "Singles Supper Club" here at my home and we have successfully been holding dinner here once a week for the past few months. It has been slowly growing, and I am happy to report our number is up to 7 as of tonight! Hooray! What' even funnier is the combination of people that we have coming, and the mindless activities we seem to take part in that last into the late night with loads of laughter!

1. Me - 5th Grade Teacher (pretty boring, I know)
2. JB - Special Education 2nd and 3rd Grade Teacher
3. KD - ISS Teacher with a Doctorate (long story)
4. DB - New Kid in Town - Music Minister at our church
5. JB - Pharmacist in town
6. RC - Step-brother - oil co.
7. JS - The newest addition - Pastor at the local Lutheran Church

What a combo we have going! Although we all come from very different places and occupations, we still have a ton of fun together, and for that I feel blessed. From going to no social life to almost every night something going on, I have struggled with sleep deprivation, but it has truly been wonderful! I'm sure our group will grow, that I hope, and until then, I will continue to enjoy this time with old and new friends and the memories we now share together, whether that is a great game of "Last Word" or an eventful night in Houston playing Laser Tag! I hope you all feel blessed where God has placed you now. Who knows how long I will be here, but until I know that answer, I am going to enjoy each day he has given me here.

No comments: